MOUNT SAVIOUR MONASTERY
.Fr. Damasus Winzen and three monks settled on three small farms
near Elmira NY in 1951.
St. Peter's, one of the farm houses became a chapel, the gift shop
and guest facilities over the years
An octagon chapel with the altar in the center was erected in 1953
and enlarged in 1962.
A 15th century tryptich from the Flemish School over the Blessed
A 14th century statue from the French School, Our Lady Queen of
Peace in the crypt.
A window designed by Norman Daly from Cornell University representing
the life of the monk.
Three other windows represent the division of the day, the week
and the seasons.
Two square buildings were linked to the chapel in 1964.
The East building shows the refectory on the upper floor and the
infirmary on the ground floor
A batik outside the refectory
The inner court of the West Building: library and dormitory
The Good Shepherd Sculpture by Peter Watts in the cemetery.
The chapel at night.
Mount Saviour home page with an aerial view.